Michael Douglas & James Franco the latest Hollywood stars to be accused of sexual misconduct

Michael Douglas has come out yesterday and has discussed sexual misconduct allegations being made about him before they had a chance to go public. The Hollywood star said he felt the “need to get ahead” of the situation before a story was published about him. The allegations against Michael Douglas were made by a former employee who said that he used “colourful language” around her and engaged in lewd behaviour in her presence, including masturbating in front of her. The woman also claims that Michael Douglas blacklisted her from the industry when he let her go from her job over 30 years ago. Speaking to Deadline on Tuesday Michael Douglas said that he “had the choice of waiting for a story to come out, one that will clearly get picked up by newspapers and magazines, and then have to sit there and try and defend myself.” Michael Douglas denies all the accusations against him as being a “complete lie, fabrication, no truth to it whatsoever.”

Michael Douglas is not the only Hollywood star to face allegations against him this week. James Franco has denied that he has been engaged in sexual misconduct after allegations were made about the star of “The Deuce.” Following his best actor win at Sunday’s Golden Globes accusations about impropriety were made against Franco on Twitter. Among those to question his victory was actress Ally Sheedy, in tweets that have since been deleted. One of the tweets sent by Sheedy after James Franco’s win read “Please never ask me why I left the film/TV business.” After these tweets were sent James Franco said he had no idea why she was so upset with him.

James Franco spoke about the claims on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert saying that “The things that I heard that were on Twitter are not accurate, but I completely support people coming out and being able to have a voice because they didn’t have a voice for so long.” The New York Times has since cancelled an event to promote the film he won best actor in “The Disaster Artist.”

These two new actors to be caught up in allegations of sexual misconduct are just two new names on an ever growing list of alleged perverts and predators who reside in the community of Tinsel Town. Since the original allegations of sexual misconduct and rape broke surrounding Harvey Weinstein last year, many big name Hollywood stars have been named as alleged abusers and sexual predators. Included in this list are House of Cards star Kevin Spacey who has spectacularly fallen from grace and Charlie Sheen, who has been accused of raping the deceased child star Corey Haim. As this list grows ever longer and the Hall of Shame grows ever larger, some might be wondering how many empty seats there will be at the next big award ceremony.

Picture from celebrityinsider.org

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s